Lets focus on ME

Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's In The Mail

I mailed a parcel from Mysore the other day.

I'm also proud to say that I was a crazy women doing it.

I started out wondering the streets on my own to find a box, parcel paper, tape and a felt marker.

The box was obtained from the hotel and the other stuff from a stationary store. Great!

The next step was going to the post office.

My choices were air or sea. 2.5 kgs. Air... 1300 rupees.....15 day delivery. Sea... 750 rupees...4 months delivery.

The post guy then tells me that I had to wrap the parcel in cloth as my paper would rip.

How convenient that I had 2 guys follow me into the post office offering me this service.

I followed one back to his shop...after they argued on who I was to follow....and had him try to explain to me what he was going to do. I was going crazy trying to rush him as we were all going to the Palace within 45 minutes and I had to go get this parcel mailed back at the post office.

All I wanted him to do was sew me a sleeve for my parcel. How hard could that be?

Not hard at all if I just listened. He spoke some english and was trying to tell me that I also needed all these other forms....my passport number on the form...AND...my address in India. Of course I could use his if I didn't have an address.

I wasn't listening to him and rushed him along....then ran to the post office to find out I had to do exactely what the guy was trying to tell me at the parcel place.

Once again I was very lucky to have him have followed me and he helped me with all the paper work and the 'sticking' of the paper to the cloth.

I really hope this parcel makes it back to Canada.

I've even splurged to test the 'air' option.

Value of parcel...$15.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home