Lets focus on ME

Friday, January 18, 2008

Colorless Delhi

I'm in India now. Got here Thursday night. Jet Airways (best airline food ever).....4.5 hour flight from Bangkok.

I'm staying in the Karol Bagh area of Delhi- very Central.

Hotel Western Palace. Room 102. $16.00 a night. It's a dump- but I didn't expect much for that price. I wanted to be where all the locals are. Touristy hotels are a bit more expensive.

I'd been warned that Delhi is not a place you want to stay in for long. I can see why. It's a huge city- 14 million people.

There is a lot of pollution here from all the vehicles on the road...cars, trucks, tuk tuk's, and motorcycles. Crossing the road is a nightmare as pedestrians have no right of way.

I saw only 2 cows yesterday...both on the road...working.....pulling a wagon with an old guy on it.

Today I saw 3 cows just hanging around.

This is the India I came to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home